“…wake me up, when September ends.” – Greenday
Here is a list of posts and links related to BPM 2010 and other related things from the month of September (that I never got around to including until now…)
BPM 2010, ACM Panel Session, Mentor Camp
- Is BPM for Process Management, ACM for Best Practice Management? – Jacob arranged the panel session, and here is his post summarizing it.
- What could AI Planning and Scheduling do for BPM? – Arturo González Ferrer writes about this and a good summary of the Case Management panel session at the conference.
- Process Knowledge Initiative – the web site for the bpm body of knowledge.
- Process Knowledge Call to Action – A summary from Sandy Kemsley on the BPM body of knowledge (bok) effort.
- IBM study – 75% of business processes are done today by excel over email – Jacob Ukelson’s comment on Phil Gilbert’s keynote.
- Cyber Roundtable: How to Improve Knowledge Work Productivity – This panel session held at the BPM 2010 conference (ACM Memtor Day) and involved Keith Harrison-Broninsky remotely from England. First 20 minutes is a summary of his Human Interaction Management ideas, followed by a comparison to Adaptive Case Management by Keith Swenson, Dana Khoyi, and Jacob Ukelson of the Mastering the Unpredictable book. You have to register (sorry) but the discussion is good.
- Cyber Roundtable – Adaptive Case Management Mentor Camp – Wrap-up – Frank Michael Kraft’s detailed summary of the webinar.
- Signavio’s iPad Modeler – Gero Decker was at BPM 2010 and very excited about their new ability to edit on the iPad. I have touch enabled on my Fujitsu laptop, so he gave me temporary access, and I was able to draw and manipulate diagrams. Very cool.
IRM BPM London
- Conversation with Keith Harrison-Broninski – Sandy Kemsley’s a post about her conversation with him in UK.
- Resolving Case Management Challenges with Dynamic BPM – Sandy Kemsley covers Dermot McCauley’s talk about case management and BPM.
Other Process Related Posts
- Dancing With Elephants: Webinar on Agile and Social Processes -Sandy Kemsley’s introductory post about the webinar she and I did the week before BPM 2010. I have been too busy to follow up with a summary (yet).
- Achieving Continuous Process Improvement With BPM: Forrester Explains – Connie Moore covers a number of things, including the relationship of case management to BPM.
- Keith Swenson’s Blog – On Collaborative Planning – Adam Deane does a respective of this blog! (thanks Adam!)
- BPM Blogs - a list of BPM blogs from Adam Deane
- A Twelve Step Program for Unstructured Process Enlightenment – already a month old, this post from Jacob Ukelson gives a nice method to get into the right mindset for handling unpredictable processes.
- Will 2011 be the Breakout Year for ACM? – Jacob Ukelson covers Jim Sinur’s musings about whether there are storms in the future of BPM.
- BPM, standardisation, automation and what it does to people – Neil Ward Dutton’s noteworthy response to my previous post.
And with that, summer is over, and I am off to Forrester’s Business Process and Application Delivery Forum next week.