BPM Awards notice and few important links for the end of August.
- The 2012 awards process is again underway. This is an excellent place to highlight case studies of innovative uses of BPM — don’t miss out because it comes up quickly:
- Submission Deadline: September 24, 2012
- Finalists Announced: October 17, 2012
- Awards Ceremony: November 2012
The book with all the case studies from the 2012 ACM Excellence Awards now has a title.
- It will be called “How Knowledge Workers Get Things Done: Real-World Adaptive Case Management” (sorry no promotional link yet) and it will be launched at the Forrester Forum in October. Beyond the case studies, it includes a dozen new chapters from Frank Michael Kraft, Hajo Normann, Keith Harrison-Broninski, Alberto Manuel, John Matthias, Dermot McCauley, Nathaniel Palmer, Max Pucher, Keith Swenson, and Charles Webster.
New book available
- “Delivering the Customer-Centric Organization” is a special collection of customer-facing use cases and white papers. (But here is a secret: if you are planning to go to the IQPC PexWeek, January 21-24 2013, we are working out a deal to give free copies of this book to people who register for the full conference.)
- Sponsored by the Professional Exchange of HR Solutions, I will be speaking on the subject of Adaptive Case Management and how this would effect the field of Human Resources.
- Why empowering knowledge workers is the management challenge of the 21st century.
- How ACM offers sanity in a Dropbox, App Store, LinkedIn world.
- Why decisions must be made with increasing autonomy in unforeseen, unplanned, and impromptu ways.
- How to be prepared; what steps you should be taking today to prepare a workforce for this challenge.